Keeping a clean house when you have kids can be quite a feat to overcome. If you want to go through a spring cleaning bout with or without your kids involved, these seven tips will help you get through it.
- One Room at a Time. By taking your cleaning one room at a time, you can focus your energy on one room and get everything done inside that room to the quality that you want it to be. This makes the whole process easier to get through, and you do not feel overwhelmed.
- Use Chore Charts. If you want to involve your kids, you can set up a chore chart that divides household chores that they can do easily. The chart divides the jobs evenly and takes some of the cleaning off of your plate.
- Use Safe Products. Again, if you are going to have your kids help you out, you will want to find some cleaning products that are safe and non-toxic so they can help you. They can help clean off table tops or counter tops with a cleaning wipes. If you don’t want them to use products, kids can easily bring laundry out of the dryer, vacuum, or even dust wood furniture.
- Organize as you go. Find bins or containers to stuff full of things that usually clutter the area. Finding a place to put shoes and extra pieces of outer gear that get lost all over the house, means you will have less searching later.
- Make it fun. If your children are going to help, make it fun and exciting for them to be involved. Praise them if they have done a good job. Don’t yell if they get bored either, it will not help anyone.
- Reward everyone. For anyone who helps doing the cleaning, plan a special event for everyone to take part in. It will entice everyone; you included, to finish the chores.
- Maintain it. Keeping the house as it is can be difficult and sometimes it doesn’t last long. But, if you work to keep it clean and have the kids get involved and making sure to keep it clean, you will all have fewer chores to do.
Spring cleaning does not have to be a scary thing to undertake. If everyone in the house pitches in and helps out, the jobs will go by faster and in the end, everyone will take pride in the hard work that they all did. On periods where you would like to take a break for yourself, you can always contact House Cleaning Singapore for your cleaning needs.