Although the recent haze condition in Singapore has subsided, but there is no guarantee the haze will not be back again. Hence, it is important to find a great way to make sure the air you are breathing at home is clean and pure.
One way to do this is to get a nice air purifier for our home, but just how can do you go about finding the right one? Here are seven tips to help you out in shopping for one:
- Room Size. When you go shopping, you need to find the best one for the size of the room that you are shopping for. Each purifier can really only cover a certain amount of space, so you want to find the right one.
- Technology. Each air purifier is going to have different technologies, so you should look at all of them to see what works for you. One of the main feature most Air Purifiers have is having the HEPA (high efficiency particulate air) filters. HEPA filters clean about 99.97% of particulates and can remove particles of 0.1 to 0.3 microns in size from the air.
- Compare Prices. This is quite obvious. When you go shopping, you want to do comparison shopping so you can find the best one for the price, and make sure the value is true to what you want.
- How Many are Needed? Because air purifiers cannot reach a large space like an air conditioner can, you will need to make sure you can buy as many as you need. Finding the same one for all rooms will make it easier for you to purchase all the ones that you need and having them all be the same, so if you need to clean them, you can do it all together.
- Noise Output. Because an air purifier is a machine, it will make some noise as it runs. Some can be louder than others, so if you have problems sleeping with loud noises, or you work from home and need it to be quiet, try looking for one that promises to make little to no noise. Ask the store’s sales person if you can turn it on and hear it before you buy it too, this will help give you a better idea.
- Maintenance. Just like air conditioning units, air purifiers can get dusty and need to be cleaned so they continue to work well. The maintenance is usually pretty easy, HEPA filters can be rinsed down so the dirt is gone and the filter is clean, whereas carbon filters will need to be replaced when they are too dirty.
- Your own Needs. You should always focus on what it is that you want and need. When you go shopping, don’t worry about what someone else has, you just have to focus on getting the one that is going to work for your family and your household.
With a low quality air going around the city, you want to make sure that you are your family are living a healthier lifestyle in the house. Getting an air purifier can make sure that you are all breathing in clean air, to keep you healthy and happy for the upcoming months.
Besides selecting an ideal air purifier for your home, it is important to do regular or daily cleaning at home so as to ensure there are less dust indoors. If you are unable to free up more time for your regular cleaning, you may want to consider engaging the cleaning professionals to let them do the job for you.