For any proud home owner, one of the most important things that you can know is how to get rid of carpet stains. Not only can they ruin the look of the actual carpet, but it can take away from the quality and shine of the entire room; therefore, dealing with the problem as quickly as you possibly can should be on the agenda. Not sure where to start? Then these ten carpet cleaning tips should help you get rid of those stains and scuffs in no time at all;
- Did you know that using the vacuum cleaner to take up all of that excess dirt is one of the most useful ways to cleaning a carpet? Up to 87% of the dirt that you need to get rid of can be removed just by getting out the vacuum cleaner and going with it. This means having a strong vacuum cleaner that’s reliable, though!
- Hot water sets the stain – so make sure that you are never using these kinds of situations to get your carpet clean in the first place
- Never wear black socks on a white carpet or rug – it will effectively darken the carpet over time as the dye from the socks will start to run into the carpet. This can be a logistical nightmare, giving you serious problems in keeping your carpets safe and clear for the future!
- Look for black marks that come in and around the doorways – they can be known as draught marks and will start to damage your carpet over time, making these areas look patchy and rough. Lightly brush the area with a nail brush prior to using a vacuum cleaner to remove the stain
- Typically, you want to clean your carpet using a wet and dry cleaner; but make sure that if you are doing stairs that you don’t wet the bottom three stairs. This causes the carpet to eventually stain, so make sure that you are vigilant when it comes to this as it will leave your carpet permanently affected
- As much as possible leave all doors open to allow for the air to get into the room and also to help minimize problems with moisture in the air, which can really hamper long-term carpet cleaning
- Don’t use a steam mop. It will damage your carpet almost irreversibly
If you are still struggling to get your carpet to look its very best after this, we would recommend hiring a carpet cleaning expert who can do the job for you. They can give you a professional, simple solution and clean up your carpet effectively. Check out the carpet cleaning services provided by House Cleaning Singapore.